For a long while I shunned the mere idea of brooches. My childhood memories are to blame; showcasing them as gaudy, over-sized objects that hung hideously from jacket lapels. Recently though, I've begun to see them in a much more forgiving light. Most important is the fact that they aren't reserved exclusively for lapels; there are a number of ways to rock a brooch other than how our great-grandmothers may have. I've compiled a little list with five of my favorite ways to adorn a brooch, or two...
✓ pin to a flat barrette and wear as a hair clip
✓ attach to front of belt for a new belt buckle decal
✓ hook onto a charm bracelet for an over-sized trinket
✓ use as embellishment and pin to scarf; wrist of glove; rim of hat...
✓ pin to shoulder(s) [they don't have to match] for a unique epaulette
1. Kenneth Jay Lane Swarovski Crystal Brooch, $275
2. ASOS Small Metal Key Brooch, $10.34
3. Aldo Kubal Brooch, $19.98
4. Lizzie Fortunato Jewels Midnight Waltz Pin Brooch, $230
5. Aldo Butchko Brooch, $10
6. Kenneth Jay Lane Swarovski Crystal-Embellished Leaf Brooch, $170
7. CZ by Kenneth Jay Lane Butterfly Brooch, $290.40